Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Working for the Lord

Colossians 3:23,24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

We have all had a job we didn't really like haven't we? Even a job we really love isn't always fun. It is so easy to complain and whine about your boss, your job, the commute, the hours, etc. but if we wake up every morning and think of our job as working for our Lord, we would go to work with a glad heart wouldn't we?

Do you think we would do a better job if we thought how we were working for Jesus?
I think if we start each day with prayer and Gods Word, it might be easier to remember, but even if you wait to read your bible til the end of the day.. ;ets remember we are going out to do Gods work today and every day.

Dear Lord, please help me to remember I am working for you today and that I am doing it for your glory, not for men. Help my life to reflect you in the workplace even when the job is difficult or not enjoyable and give me the wisdom i will need to do it well.. Thank you for the job you have given me. In Jesus name I pray... Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment