Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trusting Jesus

John 4:43-53 we read that a Royal Official had heard of Jesus and came to Him to ask Jesus to come with him to heal his dying son. Jesus replied48 “Unless you people see signs and wonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe.”
The man asked again  " Sir, come down before my child dies" I sense a hint of desperation in that fathers plea, don't you? he really wanted Jesus to come with him now and touch his son.  50 “Go,” Jesus replied, “your son will live.”  Jesus was asking the man to trust in Him. Jesus didn't need to physically go and look at or touch the son. Jesus just wanted the man to believe.

The man took Jesus at his word and departed. 51 While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living. 52 When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, “Yesterday, at one in the afternoon, the fever left him.”
53 Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” So he and his whole household believed.

How many times do we ask for a sign, and yet when we get one we still do not believe? We keep asking and we keep searching, but we don't always just trust do we?

What  is it that is keeping you from trusting Jesus? Sin? Trusting in yourself? If we just let go and let God.. He will bless you in ways unimaginable. Jesus keeps His promises.

When I start to fret and stress, I imagine that I am putting that concern or worry in a box and I shut the lid and lock it.  Then I mentally hand it over to Jesus to handle for me with a prayer of forgiveness for taking the box from Him. Sometimes I give that box to him several times a day.. and He always accepts it back and handles the problem way better than I ever could when I allow Him to.

Dear Lord, please help me as I face each days trials, to put my trust in you. Help me to take my hand off the tiller and let you pilot the ship that is my life. I claim your promise to supply all my need and I know that your grace is sufficient for me. thank you Lord for answered prayer and for all you do for me that i do not even notice. Forgive me for not trusting in you as I should. In Jesus name.. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment