Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love

Coming from the home-life I did, i didn't learn what love really is. As an adult, it took me years to believe that another human being truly loved me and didn't just want to use me or just felt sorry for me.

I knew Jesus loved me enough to die for me, but I really thought he was the only one. this caused a life time of failed relationships. Quite frankly, i became what i feared, someone who wasn't suspicious, acerbic and not often loveable.

One day while reading my Bible and talking with Jesus, I realized that  I needed to learn to love others first. I began to pray that God would teach me to love as Jesus loved us. Every day I prayed for a Revolution of Love and Kindness in me that revolved around Jesus.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? with the Holy spirit in my heart, and Jesus showing me how to love others, I could see my reactions to people and situations changing. and I realized i was greatly loved by others in my life. by my long time freind Lyn who shared her family , Mother, grandmother, children and husband with me as though I was truly her sister. to her mother Barbara who has for years introduced me as her chosen child. To Tanner and Trevor who hug me and tell me they love me when i visit. and especially 12 yr old Tanner who posts on my facebook. " I love you shortstack" . ( Tanner is at least 3 inches taller than I am and he loves that :) )

Once I started looking for the love in my life and began loving other people instead of looking for the slights, I found that I was loved all along. I have been blessed with so many freinds. To Trey who calls me every month just to check on me and Deborah and Nicki who enjoy my company .. the list goes on and on.

The Bible teaches us we are to love in actions and truth, not just by word.
1 John 3:16 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
when i was looking for people to dislike me, i wasn't loving in action or in truth, but i sure was good at throwing that L word around

1 Corinthians 13:7, 8a It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  8 Love never fails.
 Are you protecting, and persevering with your love?  is your love hopeful for the other person unfailing?

Psalm 40:10 I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.
and true love shares, it shares the love and the good news of God. are you sharing?

Dear Lord, thank you so much for showing me your great love and for the love you have given me in my life. Please help there to be a revolution of Love and Kindness in me revolving around Jesus.
The more i love others, the more love I will have in my own life. In Jesus name I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment