Sunday, November 27, 2011

Who Are You?

Do you ever ask God " Who am I? What is my purpose?"

Moses did. In Exodus 3:11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
 Who am I?

King David asked God the same thing and David was a great king over a wealthy nation. 
2 Samuel 7:18 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: "Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"

Who am I?

What if Moses had asked his adoptive mother? I think she might have said "Oh Moses, you are the baby I found abandoned in the river. " Was that Moses identity? the abandoned baby? 

Or what if David had asked his father Jesse. His father would have told him he was the youngest son. The son who was a shepherd, not a soldier. 
If David had asked his elder brother Eliab? He told David to go back to the sheep in 1 Samuel 17:28.
David didn't ask King Saul, but Saul told him  “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.”

David had it right, He asked God. " who am I"?

When is the last time you asked God " Who am I"?

Why is it we ask family and friends for our identities? Shouldn't we be asking God who we are? Do you think maybe the reason so many of us do not have an identity is because we have failed to ask God? 

What if Moses and David had just listened to family? 
Do you think Moses would have led his people out of slavery? Do you think David would have killed Goliath or become a great king? I think not. 

Dear Lord, Who am I? How do I fit into your divine plan? What purpose have you designed for me? 




No comments:

Post a Comment