Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Worries

Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Easier said than done isn't it? But so true. there is enough going on today to worry about, why borrow trouble by worrying about things that haven't happened yet and may not happen? 

We know one truth for sure. god will provide. Genesis 22:14. He promises to provide our daily needs. He didn't say He would only give us bread for the day. He said our needs. This could be food, emotional needs, love. Whatever it is, God knows and He will provide it if we allow Him to.

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Psalm 27:10

In the 23rd Psalm we are promised:
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


Thank you Lord for your promise to care for me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for lending me your strength when I feel I am too weak to continue. Help me to focus on your grace instead of my fear of the unknown tomorrow. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment